Wednesday, January 9, 2008

1969

Finally Kenix has updated her blog. It’s definitely been a long wait since her last entry. Nowadays, unlike yester years, Kenix news is rare. Unfortunately there’s no news on her next project, but nevertheless we get a little insight into her life. Kenix has taken up Latin dancing and badminton! She’s taking Latin dancing lessons from a teacher arranged by friend Cheng Ming Ming, and playing badminton with friends.


Credits to Kenix’s blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/guokeying

I’m happy that Kenix is enjoying her lifestyle and taking a well-deserved break from filming, but like many of her fans, I am anxious to know when she will announce or reveal her next acting project. It has been 14 months since she finished filming her last series Hong Fen (‘Red Powder’ with Chilam Cheung). Though 14 months is nothing when you compare it to the 14 years Idy Chan Yuk Lin fans had to wait to hear the news that their idol accepted a new acting role. Like many TVB watchers, I remember Idy from the 1983 version of the Return of the Condor Heroes. I’m not familiar with her work, but got to know her work a bit better from fellow blogger Michelle from http://michellebeloved.blogspot.com/ .

I have played badminton a few times for fun, but when I was taught the actual rules of the game, it was a little complex for me to grasp whilst playing at the same time. Give me tennis any day LOL! I grew up with tennis – both watching and playing. I even flew to Melbourne to watch the Australian Open a few years ago to watch the tennis. Unfortunately my all time favourite player Steffi Graf, the legendary Steffi Graf, was no longer playing. Since her retirement in 1999, my passion for tennis has never been the same. I still enjoy it but not as intensely and crazily as when Graf was still hitting her opponents off the court with her formidable forehand. Though I think I would not have survived the match if I had the opportunity to watch Graf play from the stands. I would probably have a heart attack after the first point! I remember my heart would pound so fast whenever I watched her play a single point on the TV. I remember waking up in the middle of the night to watch her play in the French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. I even remember taping some of her matches whilst simultaneously watching it on TV. Luckily the matches I taped she had won or else the tapes would have been destroyed!


Her achievements in a nutshell:


Graf won 107 singles titles, including 22 Grand Slam titles and held the No. 1 ranking for a record 377 weeks. She’s the only player, man or woman, to win the “Golden Slam”: all four majors plus Olympic gold, which she did in 1988. Graf won 7 Wimbledon titles, six French Opens, 5 U.S. Opens, and 4 Australian Opens.

Credits to: Getty Images and www.tennis.com


Coincidentally, the two women (career-wise) I followed religiously whilst growing up were both born in 1969. Kenix is married to fellow actor Frankie Lam, while on the other hand, Graf is married to fellow tennis great Andre Agassi and has two beautiful kids. I hope Kenix and Frankie will have kids too. Hopefully very soon. But if Kenix does have kids, it may be likely that I have to wait 14 years before I lay eyes on another Kenix series ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so that wat the title 1969 means. at first i was wondering huh?

you're right. i would like Kenix to have kids, but then the selfish impulse wants her to just focus on acting and nothing else hehe...

unlike you, i didnt enjoy tennis. i love badminton as well. i never played it professionally with official rules and all, but i enjoyed it when i was little. i have not played it for a long time though.

it's nice to hear that Kenix is taking Latin dance lessons. i would love to see her dance in her series. aww...

btw, i'll add your link tonight. i gotta go now.

mtd said...

Yeah I love to see her dance! In her latest SINA blog entry she said she will post her dancing pics next time! I can't wait!